Friday, July 16, 2010

transformation

My darling friends,


It didn't take me long, not surprisingly, to find something in Elizabeth Gilbert's book for me to talk about today.  Not two pages in and I was breathing in to my heart, thinking about my own life, and wondering at how I can live each day with this new idea.


Gilbert compares, in a way, the changes the Augusteum has been through to her own life.  "The world is chaotic, bringing changes to us all that nobody could have anticipated.  The Augusteum warns me not to get attached to any obsolete ideas about who I am, what I represent, whom I belong to, or what function I may once have intended to serve....one must be   prepared for riotous and endless waves of transformation."                   photo by CNES


I started thinking about how I define myself
*daughter
*sister
*teacher
*writer
*reader
*lover of many things
*outgoing 
*beautiful
*friendly
*selfless
*family oriented
*happy
*smart
*learner
 *scholar 
*pet owner
*swimmer
*summer baby
*preppy
*artistic
*creative
*christian
*adventurer
*traveler
*green bay fan
*whatever the opposite of high-maintenance is


This was just a "quick" list... as long as it may be.   These were the first things that came to mind when I think of myself--it was very therapeutic for me to see what was in the stream of consciousness of self for me.  I'm happy to say that they are all positive!!! I am open to transforming my life, and open to whatever changes life throws my way.  While I am attached to some of these "definitions" of myself, I see that my life is fluid--any of these can change at any moment of any day.


Elizabeth Gilbert says that's it is time to ask yourself those crucial, vital questions.


who am I?  


So, in turn, my friends, I ask... who are you?


Love Always,

No comments: